Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update to my life!

As the world turns it seems, every day something new comes up… good and bad. So its been a little while since I have updated my blog, however I know not many people are keeping up with this anyway… haha. So let’s see…. What has happened over the last month or more?

Business is slowly growing, and it almost seems that it is doing it on its own… because in all honesty I am not doing an aggressive marketing plan or advertising or anything like that. I am networking that is for sure and most of the business that I do get is from word of mouth, which is the best compliment I could get anyhow. I am now one of the main referral photographers for a very awesome Wedding and Events planning company here in Jacksonville, Alpha and Omega Event Planners. Great people there Zandra and Walter, they have big hearts and I love working with them. I am actually shooting the first wedding that they got for me this weekend in Fleming Island at Eagle Harbor, that will be fun.. I love shooting weddings.

I have moved out to Jax Beaches to be closer to the studio. I sold my pos non working car and bought a kick ass little scooter that gets me everywhere I need to be around here and you cant beat 95 miles to the gallon. I spend like $3.50 a week in gas! HAHAHA! I have met another photographer named Derrick and we have worked together once shooting an event down town which was a lot of fun. He is another great guy and we planning on working together more in the months to come.

I have been so busy because I have been moving and also because I am working on a new campaign. I really want to get into the fashion and print ad industry of photography. So I have been photographing a lot of models looking like your traditional model and poses you would see in a clothing magazine or store. My goal is to expand my portfolio that way and to offer my services to small clothing store boutiques in the Jax area, giving them the opportunity to have models wear their clothing and I take high quality prints of them for the business owner to use in their advertising media, however they choose… on the web, news paper or even TV.

Right now I am finishing editing the pictures and picking out my favorites to put into print so I can have a presentation book for the small businesses in the area so they can see my work and hopefully use my services. I will be offering my services at a price point that they can afford and where no other studio would be willing to drop too, yet enough of a money maker for me. That’s the good thing about having almost no over head and very few bills!

I have met some really great people over the past few months… and I have made some good friendships out of them. I am still struggling and trying my best to keep my head above water, but regardless I still wake up every day in a good mood because I love what I am doing and I love where I am going and I love the fact that for the first time in my life.. I am truly happy with myself. I am so excited because for the first time I feel like I have real control over my life and where it is headed and little by little I am building something, something that I know one day is going to be a great, great thing! I love it….

I am averaging a B+ in my college grades and that makes me happy too! Also I am putting together a basic to semi-advance photography course for amateur photographers that want to know more about studio lighting and techniques. I want to help people get better at their craft and their passion… just like someone did for me all those years ago. 

Till next time…. Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment